DIRECTOR OF COMMERCE, CITY OF PHILADELPHIA
Harold T. Epps is the Director of Commerce at the City of Philadelphia and is a business leader with over 30 years of corporate experience in providing high performance products and solutions for complex and compliance driven industries. As Director of Commerce, Harold oversees and implements policies to help both small businesses and major corporations in Philadelphia thrive. Commerce coordinates activities along neighborhood commercial corridors with small businesses and entrepreneurs, major real estate development projects, large-scale business attraction and retention efforts, as well as efforts to increase minority-owned business contracting opportunities.
Formerly, Harold was the Vice-Chairman of the Board of PRWT Services and served as PRWT’s President and CEO from 2007 – 2014. PRWT Services is one of America’s largest minority-owned firms and a $100M provider of high-performance business solutions, facilities management and infrastructure support services. Prior executive roles include Quadrant, Menasha Corporation and Polaroid, where Harold led subsidiaries and divisions with annual revenues up to $175M and 2,000 employees. Throughout his career, Harold built a solid reputation for positioning organizations for sustained growth, successfully managing change and restructuring, improving efficiency, spurring innovation and maintaining a focus and discipline of continuous process and performance improvement.
Epps’ personal commitment to workforce development and business opportunity diversity and inclusion efforts continue to drive his civic and board activities. Harold is Co-Chairman of the Comcast National African-American Advisory Council, and a member of Philadelphia International Airport Advisory Board, Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation (PIDC), Select Greater Philadelphia, Global Philadelphia Association and PHLCVB boards. Formerly, Harold served as the Chairman of the African-American Museum of Philadelphia, an executive committee member of the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce and The Urban League of Philadelphia, as well as a Trustee of North Carolina Central University.
Harold has held the following executive leadership roles:
PRWT Services, Inc.
• Vice Chairman and Business Development Officer
• President and CEO, $100M in annual revenue and over 1,200 employees
Quadrant – Engineering Plastics, Products
• Vice President, Supply Chain, $600M annual spending, overseeing eight manufacturing and distribution facilities
Menasha Corporation, Poly-Hi Solidur
• President, North America, Full P & L, $125M budget and 450 employees
• Vice President and General Manager, North America, $100M budget
• Doing the Most Good Community Leadership Award, 2016 – The Salvation Army Greater Philadelphia
• Power 76, 2016 – Philadelphia Business Journal
• Pioneer Award, 2013 – National Urban League
• Business Leader Award, 2013 – Urban League of Philadelphia
• Father of the Year Award, 2012 – American Diabetes Association/Greater Philadelphia Father’s Day Council
• Most Influential Award, 2011 – Philadelphia Tribune
• Alumni of the Year, 2010 – North Carolina Central University
Western New England College, Master of Business Administration
North Carolina Central University, Bachelor of Science
[icon type=”asterisk”] See Harold speak at Indoor Ag-Con Philly on October 16, 2017 [icon type=”asterisk”]
[x_button shape=”rounded” size=”large” float=”none” href=”https://indoor.ag/product/indoor-ag-con-philly-pass/” target=”blank” info=”none” info_place=”top” info_trigger=”hover”]REGISTER TODAY[/x_button]