UNLOCK THE SECRETS TO A SAFER, HIGHER QUALITY HARVEST
Sunday, March 10, 2024 | 1:00 – 5:00 PM
Pre-Event Workshop Fee –Early Bird Rate $575
INCLUDES Indoor Ag-Con Expo Floor Pass & Up To 3 CEUs!
(Book now before rates go up to $600 when Early Bird expires )
Internal auditing certification is a mandatory GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) requirement that demonstrates an individual’s ability to conduct internal assessments of any food safety program. Indoor Ag-Con has partnered with Ceres University, a leading provider of IACET-accredited food safety training and certification, to offer a cost-effective, convenient way to build your career AND help fulfill GFSI scheme requirements.
The $575 Fee includes:
- Admission to 4-hour workshop and course materials
- Ability to earn up to 3 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) upon completion (see details below)
- Indoor Ag-Con Expo Hall Only Pass, which includes access to Expo Floor March 11-12, 2024; admission to all Indoor Ag-Con Expo Theater presentations; Expo Floor Welcome Happy Hour; and access to expo floor of National Grocers Association (NGA) Show running concurrently at Caesars Forum.
Developing and maintaining a robust and effective internal audit system provides meaningful and actionable improvements for your food safety and food quality processes. In this workshop, a GFSI level professor in Food Science will outline the best practices and mistakes that define successful programs.
You will learn to:
- Organize Your Internal Auditing Program: Gain invaluable insights into structuring and optimizing your internal audit program. Uncover real-life examples of successful organizations and learn from their experiences.
- Master Risk-Based Approaches: Learn how to strategically organize your program based on risk assessment, food fraud prevention, authenticity and quality.
- Train the Trainer: Discover how to effectively educate and empower your team to become food safety advocates.
- Effectively Document Findings: Successful examples will be used to show you how to write non-compliance reports, corrective actions and preventative methods.
- Conduct An Interview: Through real examples, gain essential interview techniques that extract crucial information from your staff. Learn how to ask the right questions, navigate challenging conversations, and uncover hidden insights about potential risks and improvements.
- Uncover Root Causes: Learn how to conduct a simple, yet effective root cause analysis. Real world examples will demonstrate how this tool can help transform the way you approach problem-solving.
Earn Up To 3 CEUs
- One Continuing Education Unit (CEU) is awarded for class attendance and participation.
- A total of three CEUs are awarded for post-class work entailing a written project and supervisor evaluation. The class is ISO 17011 compliant in either form.
- A certificate is awarded with transcript with one or three CEUs that may be used to fulfill GFSI scheme requirements.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is designed for anyone in the controlled environment agriculture industry dedicated to ensuring the highest standards of food safety and quality.
Whether you are a food safety manager, quality assurance professional, compliance officer, or an executive with a vested interest in protecting your brand’s reputation, this workshop will equip you with the knowledge and skills to conduct an internal assessment of your food safety program.
Workshop instructors include Dr. Karl Kolb, president of Ceres University and Ceres Certifications, International (CCI) and Kellie Worrell, GlobalG.A.P. Scheme Manager, CCI. Dr. Kolb is a microbiologist with a quality background and more than 30 years as an industry professional. In addition to her current role with CCI, Kellie Worrell has managed the Food Safety Program for multiple vegetable farms, including a wide variety of crops. CCI features GLOBALG.A.P. among its many GFSI food safety schemes.